Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg

Blick in das Unigebäude

Further settings

Login for editors

International Applicants

We are pleased that you are interested in studying at our university, which is rich in tradition. The International Student Section of the Student Registration Office (Immatrikulationsamt) is your partner when it comes to applying and enroling at Halle University.

The application information applies - independent from citizenship - for all prospective students with:

  • university entrance qualification or degree obtained outside of Germany,
  • FSP certificate from a German Studienkolleg,
  • school leaving certificate of a German school abroad without German Abitur examination regulation,
  • International Baccalaureate (IB).

This is true for both Freshmen as well as university changers applying for a higher semester.

Our study offer and language of instruction

Most of our 230 degree programmes are taught in German. The study offer gives info in German accordingly. Applicants with internationals degrees must provide a language certificate. This may also apply to German citizens or native speakers. You can find more information on this in our FAQs here.

Our English degree programmes

Even if knowledge of German is strongly recommended for everyday life, you may study these English speaking programmes without a German language certificate:

Please inform about English language proofs with the help of the links.

Our binational degree programmes

B.A. Interkulturelle Europa- und Amerikastudien / Langues étrangères appliquées - IKEAS/LEA    | German/French undergraduate double degree (Bachelor of Arts/Licence) in cooperation with Université Paris Ouest Nanterre la Défense (France)

M.Sc. Europäische und internationale Wirtschaft | German/Italian/English, consecutive postgraduate double degree in cooperation with Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan (Italy)

M.A. Formen der Rationalität / Forme della razionalità    | German/Italian consecutive postgraduate double degree in cooperation with University Tor Vergata in Rome (Italy)

for Erasmus, researchers and the like: the International Office

If you are interestedin international student as well as staff mobility or university cooperations please visit the International Office webpage. They provide convenient hints and information for your stay and studies at Halle University – starting with visa and entry regulations.

Info from registration to every-day life in Halle

Furthermore, you will find helfpul freshers information (academic  schedule, living in Halle, introduction events, course registration  etc.) at Uni Halle welcome portal   , though mainly in German.

For registered international students

You are a registered student already and have questions regarding topics such as re-registration, applying for an absense of leave, exmatriculation etc.? The Student Service Center (SSC) websites will help you. Unfortunately, not all necessary information is provided in English yet.

However, we have summarised the most important topics for you here in English:
re-registration/semester fee/SEPA debit mandate |  Uni-Service-Card (USC; student ID) | Exmatriculation

News archive