Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg

Lesende Studentinnen am Universitätsplatz.


Immatrikulationsamt - International Students Section

Universitätsplatz 11 (Löwengebäude)
D - 06108 Halle (Saale), Germany

office hours:
currently suspended
until November 2022

Further settings

Login for editors

Application with graduations from abroad

Due to the coronavirus pandemic there will be no office hours until further notice. We will handle your requests .

For prospective students we suggest to check the corona FAQ (German/English).

Get information

First, please check: Is you academic backround is sufficient for studying with us? Do you need additional qualification? Uni-assist's Check university admission    will tell you.

Please inform about the details of your desired study programme with the help of the study offer before applying. Do you fulfil the subject specific admission requirements (e.g. minimum grades, aptitude test or internship)?

Important: The intake of most of our programmes is winter semester. We must reject applications for the wrong semester.

Application deadlines

For bachelor, state examination and Studienkolleg courses:

winter semester: July 15
summer semester: January 15

NEW For master applications:

Winter semester: June 15
except for M.Sc. Pharmaceutical and Industrial Biotechnology: March 31
summer semester: December 15

Please apply several weeks before the deadline. By this means there will be enough time for queries and your application for a study visa.

Prepare documents

While applying you should provide the following documents as scans only (hints   ):

  • High school graduation (graduation certificate including course and grade overview)
  • if you studied at university or college: graduation certificate respectively course and grade overview including official grading scheme. Important: Prospective graduation documents will be accepted. However, you should submit the final graduation certificate no later than 4 months after semester start.
  • certified translations (under oath/ admissible at court) in German or Englisch, if not issued in on of these languages
  • language certificate

For admission to German speaking and also bilingual programmes, please submit one oft he following language certificates:

  • Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang Stufe 2 (DSH-2)
  • TestDaF with min. 4 points in each section
  • telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule with min. result "befriedigend" (grade C) *
  • Goeth certificate C2: GDS
  • Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz Stufe 2 (DSD-II) with min. 3x level C1 *
  • Feststellungsprüfung (FSP) certificate with examination part German
  • Österreichisches Sprachdiplom C2 (ÖSD)

The adjustment of the minimum level is effective for postgraduate applications from April 25 2022; for undergraduate presumably from May 13. However, fairness will be granted for applications submitted prior.

Although you might apply online uploading your scanned documents, you must submit official certified hard copies of your translated graduation and language certificates for enrolment.

If your desired programme requests specific qualifications, you must accomplish them and upload proofs or further documents (e.g. language or intership certificates, CV, motivation letter etc.) in your user account.

Halle University includes TestAS    for improving the admission grade for undergraduate programmes. Scoring over 80 percent in both tests, the core and module test, a bonus of maximum 0.2 will be given. Please provide your TestAS data to uni-assist.


Please submit your application for studies via the portal   .

  • Search for your desired programme or course at the course catalogue
  • Register, answer mandatory questions and upload your documents
  • pay the handling fees and submit your application

You may check the status of your application in „My inbox“ at my assist.

main page uni-assist

main page uni-assist

How it continues

Uni-assist evaluates your documents according to our criteria. As soon as your application had been forwarded to us, we will check it once more in detail. This might also take some time, especially with master programmes. You will not receive any confirmation of receipt or status update. Please understand and refrain form requests.

However, you may start your visa application at the German embassy or consulate with the positive evaluation result from uni-assist.

Once we have made a decision on admission or rejection, we will inform you via email immediately.

For applications to NC degree programmes, admission procedures take place from mid-August onwards for winter term or mid-February for summer term. Please be patient until then.

You will find all recently relevant information for your application here:
application information_25042022.pdf (203.9 KB)  vom 29.04.2022

Specific regulations

Biology, Biochemistry and Psychology (BSc 180)

EU/EEA applicants for 1st semester to the bachelor 180 Biology, Biochemistry and Psychology should register with in order to receive so-called BID/BAN-numbers necessary for the application with uni-assist.

Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy

Regarding pplications for the first semester, citizens of the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA) are on equal terms with Germans and shall submit their application not in accordance with the standard procuredure via uni-assist. They must exclusively apply via   . Other deadlines apply; please check the study offer.

The maximum ager for applications for the first semester is 55.

Application for higher semesters

For your application to higher subject semesters a placement decision is required. As the identified subject semester is required while applying, the placement decision should be issued before the application. Please read our special webpage (in German only) and mind specific hints for the different programmes and required forms.

Exemptions for Medicine and Dentistry: Transfer students without permanent residence in Germany must request the Anrechnungsbescheid (placement decision) from Bezirksregierung Düsseldorf    . International applicants must only complete the first page of the form „Ergänzende Angaben…“.

Applicants for dentistry must also submit an Einstufungsbescheid from the relevant study and examination board of the Faculty of Medicine.

Exception for Pharmacy: Transfer students from abroad must request the Anrechnungsbescheid (placement decision) from the Hessian Landesprüfungsamt.